A New Serialized Novel
This is the story of Harley Edison, a man trying to make sense of a world that has passed him by in many ways but impatiently expects him to catch up.
“…she that from whom
We all were sea-swallowed, though some cast again,
And by that destiny to perform an act
Whereof what’s past is prologue, what to come
In yours and my discharge.”
– William Shakespeare, “The Tempest,” 2:1
“Do you want to tempt the wrath of the Whatever from high atop the Thing?”
– Aaron Sorkin, “The West Wing”
What's the Story?
A Novel Project
This site exists because the world of publishing is changing and confusing and unpredictable. To me, at least.
It exists because I have been working on various writing projects for many years, but I always seem to run aground at some stage. Usually it happens because I begin to despair that anyone will ever read what I am writing!
So this is a beginning. The serialized novel, “Harley’s Prologue” will begin to appear here each month, and just by being published online, I know some of you are reading.
And I thank you for it.
The Game is Afoot...
So what are we doing here?
One by one and month by month, I will publish a new chapter of the novel “Harley’s Prologue” until it reaches the end. The rules, which I set for myself, are:
- That the site will be open and free to everyone in the radius of my social media connections.
- That at the end, I will try publish the novel in print for anyone who would like one, offering it also for online sales.
- Although I will not ask for them, readers may make donations toward the publication – and they will receive some reward for their patronage as soon as I think of one.
The most important thing to me is that you read, and hopefully enjoy, the words as they appear in these pages.
This site and its contents will always be free and open to everyone. If you would like to contribute to the eventual publishing of this novel and future works, your donation would be welcome and highly appreciated.